acad.pgp

hi

regarding to acad.pgp.

it has two applications ,

1. mapping aliases to autcad commands

2. passing commands and parameters to the OS

i want to talk about the second ,

its true that every application must be defined in the system search path in order to be invoked from autocad?

how can i know all the available parameters of shell commands? for example , i want to set external command that invoke explorer.exe with specific folder opened?

Thanks

S

Huh Explorer.exe c:\acadtemp

Folders with spaces in ther names will be a problem need explorer.exe %1 old DOS days now where is that 20 year old book.

No need (startapp "explorer" (getvar "dwgprefix")) check out the double slashes in the getvar.

(startapp "explorer" "C:\\Acadtemp\\test dir space\\")

Edited by BIGAL

Couple examples:

My Documents Folder:

^C^C^P(progn(startapp "explorer" (strcat "/n,/e," (getvar "mydocumentsprefix")))(princ))

Open Windows Explorer in Roamable Support Folder:

^C^C^P(progn(startapp "explorer" (strcat "/n,/e," (getvar "roamablerootprefix")"Support"))(princ)) 

Icon Folder:

^C^C^P(startapp "explorer" (strcat "/e, "(vla-get-CustomIconPath (vla-get-Files (vla-get-Preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))))));

Express Folder:

^C^C^P(progn(startapp "explorer" (strcat "/n,/e," (vl-filename-directory (findfile "acetauto.lsp"))))(princ));