set all file dialog box start-in location as the current drawing path

Hi

how to set all file dialog box start-in location as the current drawing path? for example, to xattach an xref, the start-in folder is the local Documents folder, than i need to make my way to the folder i want.

Thanks

S

Haven't tried it, but this may be what you need:

JTB Current Folder for AutoCAD

Every time you want to open a drawing, or attach external references, insert drawing as block or want to create a block, you will have a Current Folder item on the left of your file selection dialog box (in the custom places area). Thanks to JTB Current Folder, this item will bring your active drawing's path, which is often some clicks afar, to just 1 click away at your finger tip.

http://www.jtbworld.com/JTBCurrentFolder.htm

• 1 year later...
Haven't tried it, but this may be what you need:

JTB Current Folder for AutoCAD

Every time you want to open a drawing, or attach external references, insert drawing as block or want to create a block, you will have a Current Folder item on the left of your file selection dialog box (in the custom places area). Thanks to JTB Current Folder, this item will bring your active drawing's path, which is often some clicks afar, to just 1 click away at your finger tip.

http://www.jtbworld.com/JTBCurrentFolder.htm

hi, long time...

basically yes, but i would like to set all file selection input the the current folder without the need to use any kind of workaround trick.

is that possible with acad 2010?