CAN SOMEONE HELP ME CREATE THIS 3D image using viewports in AutoCAD?? PLEASE?

frankenstein19

WP_20150505_001.jpg

can someone PLEASE help me make this using viewports?? its for my final tomorrow. i have to use three right viewport and it has to have those dimensions

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankenstein19

• Dadgad

• ReMark

• ttray33y

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I suggest you 3D Model it, then let the program draw it for you using the VIEWBASE command.

Start by drawing the right triangle with legs of lengths 3 & 6, as shown.

You could just turn on your ORTHO, and draw a POLYLINE of length 6, then move your mouse to the left and click 3 ENTER, then C (for CLOSE) to Close the polyline forming the defining external triangular shape of the top view.

Then you will be well on your way, report back when you have done that.

hello! thank you for answering. i have to use the view port three: right

i have problems creating the top view so i can extrude it

hello! im having trouble making the triangle on top view. the commands im using are

POLYLINE

start point: 0,0

then i make the line be 7 in length bc thats the base and then the next point i put is 3

9 + 36 = 45.

What is the square root of 45?

You are assuming that the keyway is centered in the face, which it is not.

If you do it like I said it will be very easy.

You don't need to enter coordinate points.

final exam right triangle.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

ok but i have never used viewbase. y professor said i had to use the viewports.what do you mean by turning on ortho? i just cant make the triagnle have the right angles and lengths

You are over thinking it. The triangle I drew took about 10 seconds, should have taken 2 or 3.

If you don't know about ORTHO, hit F8, to turn it on, it will constrain lines drawn to be at right angles.

Do NOT enter the length of the hypotenuse, just because you see a value displayed on my screenshot, use the CLOSE option in the POLYLINE command, as I suggested earlier.

ok this has clearned things up a little bit. i was making the lines like 3 with a 60 degree andgle and then trying to make a 6 with a 90 degree angle instead of making it straight up. how can i make the hole?

So i have to make a keyway and a circle??? ):::: i have the basic triangle down. what do you mean the slot starts from the vertext and is one unit wide? do you mean the keyway?ive only made keyways using offset. it starts at 3 and is one unit wide yes. im sorry im so dumb this is my first engineering class

Don't worry about the circle right now.

The keyway when viewed from the top view will be rectangular in shape, and i unit in width, and a half unit in depth, right?

do you think i should do the keyway first or the circle? ive only done keyways with offset, would that work? when doing the circle, i go to the middle of the front view and i make the circle with a diameter of 2 or a radius of 4 and then i extrude it? will that make it hollow? also i noticed that the keyway doesn't go all the way back, how can i make that

I appreciate that you are highly motivated at the moment, and trying to do this, which is good.

If you would apply a similar amount of zeal to reading my posts and following my clues/instructions, we could both quickly get back to other things.

I suggested you complete the top view, which will look like a right triangle with a rectangular notch (which I have dubbed the keyway) at a well defined point along the hypotenuse of the triangle. That notch will be positioned as shown in your first post, and will be 1 unit in width along the hypotenuse, and 1/2 unit deep, if you follow me?

tumblr_inline_nokmvrH7A11qikxeb_500.jpg

its ok i have the triangle down

Does that mean that you have successfully located the notch along the hypotenuse?

im sorrrrrrrrrrrrry! im just very confused! youre telling me to do the keyway in the top view. how do i know where to start? do i go to the front view and make a line at 3.00 and draw it upward so i know where the keyway starts? yess i do follow you with the dimensions of the rectangular notch!

im sorrrrrrrrrrrrry! im just very confused! youre telling me to do the keyway in the top view. how do i know where to start? do i go to the front view and make a line at 3.00 and draw it upward so i know where the keyway starts? yess i do follow you with the dimensions of the rectangular notch!

No apology required.

Just relax, breathe, everything is going to be okay.

I now see that you have a nice representation of the overall shape in your modelspace.

Are you showing us a 3D Solid object, or are those just lines or polylines?

I am trying to get you to 3D Model it, instead of just drawing it.

is the keyway ok? when i do the hi command i cant see the extrude on the keyway, like the depth of it. but then again when i di the extrude i just did it downward after i drew it on the top view. is that correct?