lisp for trimming/ breaking a polyline or line

piterfun7777

Hi guys, just new to the autolisp world and would like to ask your assistance in making a lisp so it can be a basis for my future lisp programs.

Here is the flow of the lisp.

Overview: the lisp trims or break a polyline or a line a the point (midpoint) indicated by the user by a value specified by a user.

The distance value indicated should be followed even if the polyline or line is angled.

First: the user is asked of how much the value of the trim/ break to be done on the polyline or line.

2nd : the user is asked to chose the point where the trim / break will be done.

3rd: click the next point on the line or polyline or press esc to exit.

Sample, I inputted 1000mm for the value and click at the midpoint of the polyline, the trim should be 500mm on both side of the polyline.

As long as I don’t cancel, I will just continue to choose the next point to trim/ break.

Thank you in advance and more power

The line is easy just pick your pt say center as part of this it returns the object via entsel so you can get start & end pts, get angle of line, do 2 quick polars and you have your break points.

The pline a lot more complicated if you want it broken and pline section is short I am sure others will advise. 1 routine should do both objects. Ps I am interested in this also for something else to do with plines.