autocad 500 users price

mechaniker

Network licenses in a company, Can anyone tell me the price?

Thanks a lot

Edited by mechaniker

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mechaniker

• ReMark

• Cad64

• BIGAL

Negotiation Negotiation Negotiation If you are really after 500 licenses you will pay way less. Corporates all the time do this particuarly world wide companies.

What country are you in?

Negotiation Negotiation Negotiation If you are really after 500 licenses you will pay way less. Corporates all the time do this particuarly world wide companies.

What country are you in?

Thanks a lot for your answer mate

I don't manage autocad finances where I work, but I wanna know how much it costs because they don't want to give me a license.

So what were you planning on doing? Were you going to buy a copy of AutoCAD yourself? Are you an independent contractor?

So what were you planning on doing? Were you going to buy a copy of AutoCAD yourself? Are you an independent contractor?

No, there are 500 autocad users where I work.

I am not independent.

They probably will give me a shared license

Thanks a lot for your help

I worked for a global company with network licences. As one part of the world went to sleep those licences became free for other users. Even then we occasionally (once that I can remember) ran out of licences.

I worked for a global company with network licences. As one part of the world went to sleep those licences became free for other users. Even then we occasionally (once that I can remember) ran out of licences.

Thanks a lot for the information mate

At a Autodesk seminar just last week Like Dbroada one of the presenters said the same thing they have a world wide network license, save them lots of money.

At a Autodesk seminar just last week Like Dbroada one of the presenters said the same thing they have a world wide network license, save them lots of money.

OK thanks a lot for your help

Hi

If we have 500 stand alone licenses. 10 more people want to buy and share ONE network license. Does the new introduced network pool include only one existing standalone that we have to choose+ the 10 people? or all the 500+10?

Thanks a lot

You're spending a lot of time here asking about licensing questions when you really should be directing these types of questions to the Autodesk sales department or your local reseller. They would be able to answer all of your questions with a simple phone call or email.

By the way, you should really go talk to your supervisor before spending a lot of money on your own license and loading it on your work computer. Going behind the companies back and loading software without their knowledge is a good way to get yourself in trouble. And on a personal note, I would never purchase my own software for company use. You're not an independent contractor, you're an employee of the company. If they want you to work for them, they need to provide you with the tools to do your job, not the other way around.

You're spending a lot of time here asking about licensing questions when you really should be directing these types of questions to the Autodesk sales department or your local reseller. They would be able to answer all of your questions with a simple phone call or email.

By the way, you should really go talk to your supervisor before spending a lot of money on your own license and loading it on your work computer. Going behind the companies back and loading software without their knowledge is a good way to get yourself in trouble. And on a personal note, I would never purchase my own software for company use. You're not an independent contractor, you're an employee of the company. If they want you to work for them, they need to provide you with the tools to do your job, not the other way around.

Thanks

I don't wanna call them if I can get the answer here. They expect me to buy it. Here, no one expects anything in return.

I am trying to convince the company of the worthwhile, so that they will buy it.

They expect me to buy it. Here, no one expects anything in return.

:huh: Where are you from? I have never heard of a company expecting their employees to provide their own software. Especially a company with 500 employees. That's ridiculous.

Here's a thought. In one of your other threads you mentioned you are a beginner and you don't know what xref's are. Perhaps this is the root of the problem. Your company doesn't want to spend a lot of money on another license for someone who doesn't even know what an xref is. Maybe you should put your money into education instead of buying an expensive program that you don't really know how to use. Take some Autocad/Drafting classes at your local college and learn how to use the program. Then, once you can show the company that you know what you're doing, they will probably be more willing to open up their checkbook and purchase another license.

:huh: Where are you from? I have never heard of a company expecting their employees to provide their own software. Especially a company with 500 employees. That's ridiculous.

Here's a thought. In one of your other threads you mentioned you are a beginner and you don't know what xref's are. Perhaps this is the root of the problem. Your company doesn't want to spend a lot of money on another license for someone who doesn't even know what an xref is. Maybe you should put your money into education instead of buying an expensive program that you don't really know how to use. Take some Autocad/Drafting classes at your local college and learn how to use the program. Then, once you can show the company that you know what you're doing, they will probably be more willing to open up their checkbook and purchase another license.

I meant the reseller expects me to buy it, they don't wanna give the price just for a chat.

The company doesn't expect me to pay for it. They don't me to use autocad. But since it takes a lot of time to communicate what I want to be done on the drawings, it is much faster for me to do at least part of the drawings myself. That is why I wanna convince them to buy me a license, which I am willing to share with others.

I never noticed my colleagues who use autocad mention XREF at work, but I will ask. Also, we only use it for 2d, and we do very simple work. It won't take a lot of time for me to learn how to do their work. In fact I think I already did.

At university I never used autocad, I used other 3d modelling programs.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts

Your company is wasting its money buying the full version of AutoCAD just to do 2D work unless it utilizes lisp routines. They could buy you LT instead.

Your company is wasting its money buying the full version of AutoCAD just to do 2D work unless it utilizes lisp routines. They could buy you LT instead.

They could buy me and everyone else the LT.

They don't me to use autocad. But since it takes a lot of time to communicate what I want to be done on the drawings, it is much faster for me to do at least part of the drawings myself. That is why I wanna convince them to buy me a license, which I am willing to share with others.

Ok, now everything is making sense. You weren't hired to do CAD work so that's why they don't want to buy another license.

If they didn't hire you to do CAD work, you probably shouldn't be doing it. You should concentrate on doing the job you were hired for and let the drafters do what they were hired for. And since you're a beginner and don't really know Autocad very well, you're probably doing more harm than good creating drawings that the drafters will have to spend more time fixing.