Can you Flatshot an Xclip of a Xref

shamrocks

Hi,

Is it possible to 'Flatshot' an Xclipped Xref?

I have an Xref of a 3d model and I need several elevation shots. I get what I want to see using Xclip but instead of having the Xref still in 3d, I'd like to have it in 2d much like how Flatshot works, so I am able to hatch or make changes.

Is there a function/command for this?

Thanks

Russ

Autocad 2014

Hi Russ. I would probably just open the file in another window and run the flatshot command there. Once you have the 2D image just copy and paste it (or insert) back into your original drawing. I help a guy on the side with install drawings for cabinets. I will do this from time to time when I need a detail but leave my original 3D objects in place. I'll open a blank drawing and use it as a temp flatshot place holder. Pretty sure flatshot won't work on reference drawings. Good luck.

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply.

Doing the Flatshot in a different drawing and pasting back into the original drawing won't work as what I need to Flatshot is an xclip at a particular elevation.

Basically I have a 3D cone. Base Radius is 100, Top Elevation is 5000. I need to slice the cone at various elevations and use that geometry in a drawing (say at elevation 750). So I Xclip the cone at elevation 750 and then view from Top so I can see the cylindrical geometry. It is this view that I need to 'Flatshot'.

I'm not if this is even possible.

Thanks

Russ