transfer license to trial version

freebutterflyx

We have 1 acad 2015 license. 2 persons use this acad version occasionaly but only one at a time. They transfer the license between them.

Recently acad 2015 has been installed on my PC as a trail version. Can I transfer this license to my PC so the (expired) trail version is an licensed version and will work again?

We only have 1 acad2015 license because we use this acad only occasionaly. Besides acad2015 we have acad2009.

You probably could but I think you are already operating outside the scope of the EULA. I'd be very careful if I were you.

You probably could but I think you are already operating outside the scope of the EULA. I'd be very careful if I were you.

You mean this isn't legal?

We mostly use 2009 (with licenses) because we have an extra application running on 2009. We have 1 acad 2015 license just to have a recent version.

We only running 1 acad 2015 at the same time. The person who needs acad2015 transfers the license to his PC to use it.

On my PC, acad2015 was installed without a serial, so just as a trail version.

If it were a network version and you had but one license to share it would be fine but I'm not too sure that it applies to a standalone license.

Well I guess as long as no one rats your company out to AutoDesk you could keep operating as you are.

You do know there are cheaper alternatives to AutoCAD don't you?

If it were a network version and you had but one license to share it would be fine but I'm not too sure that it applies to a standalone license.

Well I guess as long as no one rats your company out to AutoDesk you could keep operating as you are.

You do know there are cheaper alternatives to AutoCAD don't you?

We use also extra software on top of acad. These didn't always work well with acad clones in the past. (We tried)

So, what's the purpose of the possibility of transfering a license?

Try it. What's the worst that can happen?

I believe the EULA states any copies of the software in excess of the permitted number (in your case it's one) are not considered "archival" and thus would be in violation. But to be 100% sure you would have to consult the license agreement for the version of AutoCAD you are running. I'm no legal expert.

OK I found it.

For AutoCAD 2015 look at the section of the EULA labeled Exhibit B - License Types. What you have is a Stand-alone (Individual) License. I think you need a Network License for both 2009 and 2015.

Edited by ReMark

and yet again I will point out that the EULA is probably different if you are not in the USA. The only way to know is to contact your area reseller.

I will check it out.

I thought the transfer license function was meant for something like this because only one acad version is working at every time.

No, it was meant for someone like me who works remotely one day a week at a site that is 62 miles from his office.

You really do need to read the fine print because AutoDesk is pretty clear when it comes to defining the different types of licenses. Your company is taking liberties so to speak and if someone got a bug up their bum they could report the company to AutoDesk and it would have every right, under the EULA, to come in and do a thorough audit of your software and how/when it is being used. It's all spelled out in the EULA which you agreed to when you clicked on the "I Accept" button before installing the software.

if someone got a bug up their bum

The phone call from Autodesk to us an Autocad dealer why is company X using illegal copies and you are their dealer. Answer was they were dobbed in by opposition company we did not know about the pirate copies, end was thousands of dollars in costs to the company as we supplied more legit Autocad's to avoid court problems.