problem with unselectable objects

chrisdarmanin

hi guys,

in the attached drawing in the red square there are some objects that i cannot select.

problem drawing.dwg

the drawing (in the red square) was first drawn in 3d, then flatshot to change it to 2d. when i imported it into other drawings it started becoming unselectable and could only select it via vpmax from paperspace.

i audited the drawing and tried recover on the drawing. i tried to save it to dwg r12 and then save it back to dwg 2013 but nothing is making a difference, and its driving me crazy.

any opinions or help on the matter?

thanks in advance

I see the behavior, if I do a selection of any other objects and then hit ESC the offending objects vanish; You can select them with the command "select" "all", and again after ESC they vanish, I did manage to fix the drawing using a flatten macro, but there is no visible indication as to why there was a problem to start with in either the properties or using the list command, other than all the objects are not oriented to the UCS. Attached is the fixed drawing.

problem drawing1.dwg

Which solution did you use?

I did not have to do anything like either of the solutions that were mentioned in that thread. I merely changed my view to SE isometric.

Which solution did you use?

I did not have to do anything like either of the solutions that were mentioned in that thread. I merely changed my view to SE isometric.

hah!! that was easy!!!!! worked for me too!! :D