multiple surfaces

mclevel

hello. can someone help me understand how multiple surfaces work? I have a topo map and i made it as the surface for existing ground. then after that, what will i use as another surface for any proposed element( for example, i have a dam layout)? Will i use the the dam layout and make at as another surface? thank you. :)

Not sure if this is going to answer your question but here goes... Once you have your existing surface you can then build a proposed surface and generate a cut/fill report. This is just one of the million of things you can do with multiple surfaces. If you can give a little bit more specific question I'm sure others or possibly I could help out.

Another example you have existing then make a design surface say via a complex grading, you then resample a profile so as to reflect say cross sections of a certain area of existing and design. This would be typical of a car park that is made up of multiple profiles joining together.

I built a extreme surface model and it had around 15 iterations of surface steps. The existing was not actually existing but a cross section sinusoidal wave across 50Ha sloped to atch 4 corners fo a project in China with lakes, bridges, pools, roads cutting and going over this theoretical surface.

dear all !!!

how we can get elevation an any vertex in X-section view. please help me

Note: variable offset and variable elevation