Render my 3D Model for Brochure

VIC842

Hi everyone

I have a model of a Modular Piping system (ie valves, pumps, stainless fittings, etc).

I want to apply some materials and create a rendering for a brochure my company is putting together.

I have the Autodesk Product Suite (Inventor, SketchUp, ACAD Mechanical, etc).

I tried to do it in AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 but it didnt so good. I could apply the materials but when I rendered it presentation quality, it kept showing me the render dialogue box and my system real small compared to the big black available space around it. Then when I saved it as a jpeg it was all blurry and pixeled...

I also couldnt find a way to change even the background to white from black...

Can I do this with AutoCAD or do I really need to buy other software? Or is there something better to use in my Product Suite that I can open up my .dwg and edit...?

Any help is very appreciated

Victor

First of all, don't ever save your renders as jpg's. Always save them to tif format, 300 dpi, especially if you're planning on having them printed for a brochure.

As for your render issue. Are you rendering a camera view or a layout viewport or just a random location in model space? Also, what parameters have you set in your render preferences?

If you want a white background, type BACKGROUND at the command prompt to open the "Background" dialog. Set the "Type" to Solid and change the color to white 255,255,255.