How to load DWG to PDF .pc3 Plotter

DODGE

Hi Guys

I am trying to load AutoCad PDF plotter DWG to PDF .pc3

When I click FILE - PRINT – MANAGE PLOTTERS within AutoCad, I don’t see the, ADD A PLOTTER WIZARD to click? :cry:

There are no files there except, HP Deskjet 1280 and a folder named, PMP FILES. There is nothing else.

Can somebody tell me where the DWG to PDF .pc3 plotter is, and how do I install it?

I am assuming this is the reason I can’t publish 6 layouts to one PDF file in one go, instead of getting 6 PDF files, that I then have to merge into one PDF file within Adobe.

Thanks D

Ok Guys

I sorted out the plotter .pc3

I found the addplwiz.exe in the C:\Program files etc, and managed to load the .pc3 pdf plotter.

I have tried to publish 6 layouts using this plotter but still I can't get it to plot as one PDF file.

All my settings are correct, Publish options set to Multi sheet file, I have also tried single sheet file.

Publish to: Plotter named in page setup. I have even changed Publishcollate to = 1

I have tried every setting I can think of, but still can't get the 6 layouts to publish as ONE pdf file.

Anybody?

You should simply be able to pick the plotter from the dropdown list on the page set up manager. Make a layout tab current, then right click the layout tab, select page set up manager. The dwg to pdf.pc3 comes already installed. Nothing could be simpler. The add-a-plotter wizard is not needed. That wizard is more or less for adding a plotter that is new to your system, or adding a system plotter that is not already connected to your plotter support path.

You should simply be able to pick the plotter from the dropdown list on the page set up manager. Make a layout tab current, then right click the layout tab, select page set up manager. The dwg to pdf.pc3 comes already installed. Nothing could be simpler. The add-a-plotter wizard is not needed. That wizard is more or less for adding a plotter that is new to your system, or adding a system plotter that is not already connected to your plotter support path.

Hi Dana

That was the problem, for some reason the dwg to pdf.pc3 was not in the drop down list, anyway I have loaded it now and am able to select it. The main problem I want to sort out is. I want to publish 6 layouts to ONE pdf file not 6 pdf files. As explained, I don't want to have to merge the files into one in Adobe. I have tried just about every setting I can find on the Google machine, but nothing works, the layouts still plot as single pdf's not ONE pdf.

Instead of "Plotter in Page Set-Up" Choose to publish to PDF. It's with that option that the PDF settings are used.

Hi Dana

That was the problem, for some reason the dwg to pdf.pc3 was not in the drop down list, anyway I have loaded it now and am able to select it. The main problem I want to sort out is. I want to publish 6 layouts to ONE pdf file not 6 pdf files. As explained, I don't want to have to merge the files into one in Adobe. I have tried just about every setting I can find on the Google machine, but nothing works, the layouts still plot as single pdf's not ONE pdf.

If it was not already in there, then someone removed it. It's been canned with the program for 6 or seven years.

As for your other issue, use Publish or Batch Plot, but before you do, open publish options and select Multi-sheet File for your output. then on the publish/batch plot dialog, do what Rob says.

When plotting from an individual layout, you ALWAYS get one file per layout.

Don't forget to select the Model (first line of the page list), and remove it. Never mind the picture, its too danged grainy to read.

Untitled.jpg