Copy/Paste Problem

jitu

Hello Folks,

I am using auto cad 2014 & I am trying to copy some Template file in new sheet but its not coming,

I need it very urgent!! please help me out :(

In your new layout right click on the layout tab and select "From Template..." then select your template file from the list shown.

Remark,

Its not like that, I have 1 drawing & when I am going to copy that in new drawing the objects are not coming in new drawing. Some part is not coming, I check all layers & Objects. they are not blocks also I don't know now how to fix it.

You said, and I quote, "...copy Template file...". I guess you changed your mind.

WBlock out what you need from the first drawing then insert it as an exploded block in the second drawing.

I suspect that the layout elements that are "not coming", are xref'ed title blocks. The reason the xref's may not be copying over could be that the path back to them in the new drawing is different from the path back to them from the old drawing. In other words the two drawings are in two different folders, or on two different computers on a network and AutoCad cannot find the xrefs because the xref location has not been updated.

There is no Xref or WBlock its simple single line diagrams Have some layers & lintype that i have to copy because taking too much to find that & do like that, if I selected whole drawing & keep it in layer 0 then its coming but I have to change all that linetypes again & taking too much time, I don't have that much time.

If you can't copy/paste then you have two choices. 1) Use WBlock or 2) open the first drawing, erase what you don't need then do a "save as" under a new name and use that as your new drawing. Is that so difficult to understand?

Remark,

Its not like that, I have 1 drawing & when I am going to copy that in new drawing the objects are not coming in new drawing. Some part is not coming, I check all layers & Objects. they are not blocks also I don't know now how to fix it.

Copying objects from Model Space or Paper Space? What command are you using to copy with? If you want to copy "1 drawing" in to new drawing you could either Wblock entire drawing to a new drawing to get both Model Space and Paper Space or insert it with Explode checked to just get the Model Space. To get just Paper Space use ReMark's suggestion or use Design Center.