Strange icon in Layer Manager

Tiger

Good morning good sirs and madams!

I am asking for the assistans of the hive-mind that is CadTutor!

Have any of you ever seen the icons in the Layer Manager in the image below?

My google-fu has let me down, I can't find anything on it. Apparently (because I can't replicate in on my computer) the Layer Manager looks this way if he opens a new dwg from this particular template without having any other dwg open. If he has another dwg open, it looks normal.

It doesn't matter how I open the template on my computer, it always looks normal here.

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

mystiskt.jpg

I suspected that it was something to do with filters - the icon hinted as much!

What version is your image from Rob? I don't get the same icons that you do, I am wondering if those icons have changed over the years.

Hmm. Still weird then, in 2015 and 2016 I have these icons when I tick Show Filters ... so almost, but not exactly.

This is annoying! It is not consistent, I can't replicate it on my computer (and now it has disappeared on the clients computer as well). But those icons look like real icons, which makes me think that is a setting somewhere that I can't find!

layers.jpg

In the image in your first post, are those names the names of filters?

I don't see any icons under status in your last post.

Maybe it has to do with the state of individual layers in a particular filter?

It sounds inconsistent. I would chalk it up to buggy icons. Until my recent computer upgrade, I would get glitches in the layer manager from time to time. That was over multiple versions and multiple computers. A restart usually fixed them. Our CAD manager has a solution for persistent buggy icons. I'll ask him about it when he gets in. I think it has something to do with the support paths.

No, no icons at all when I have the Layer Filters displayed in the list.

I just looked at the original file, and the image in the first post are just of layers, no filters.

It might be something about the status of the layers, I have had that thought as well. I just can't figure out what it would mean. I wish I had a slightly larger screen shot of the faulty list.

Since it has disappeard on the clients computer as well, and I do think it is just a glitch - there really is no need right now to dig deeper. Some questions are just more annoying that others!

Thank you for your time Rob!

I thought they were the filters because of the dash at the end.

My image shows filters and layers.

Post back if it persists.