Text in front of image

MDD73

Hello I have been trying to get text to plot in front in of an image. It is all in paper space. I tried to bring the text to front send the object to the back, DRAWORDER and nothing seems to work. Please can someone help.

Hey! What printer are you using?

I remember a while back I had this problem with lines that refused to print in the correct order, that was DWG to PDF.pc3 - see the image where you change that.

pdftodwg.jpg

Hi Tiger Thank you for replying. I am trying to plot to printer / plotter, not pdf file and my version of autocad must be different to what you show as the image you show "PDF Options" is not the same as mine which shows DWG To PDF Properties with nothing relating to Merge Control.

My image is from 2016 (same in 2015) - so it's not so strange that it doesn't look the same in 2012.

If you plot to PDF, does it do the same? Or do you get the text above the image then? That could be a workaround if it works - plot from the PDF to the printer, just make sure that the scales come out correct.

Is the text on a layer that will plot anyway? What color is the text? If you temporarily remove the image, will the text plot on its own?

Tiger I checked the layers and just for curiosity I changed the text to another layer and it worked. Don't understand why because both the layers appear to be the same. Thank you for your help.