View Change

I have some macros that will set the view to 0,0 once completed out of nowhere. Some of these are macros that I've used for some time with no problem.

All "View change" commands within the macros were deleted when created (if needed) and all options in the actmanager under "Restore pre-playback view" are unchecked.

It seems to only do this when using a macro involving calling a block.

Any idears??

Thanks,

-Nobull

I tried using the Action Macro Manager years ago, but was disappointed they were could not be edited at the time. I've heard it has been improved a little since then, but there isn't many who have ever used it. Nothing you can do with it that couldn't be done easier another way for most of us. If you would like help doing a procedure another way you may have better luck.

I tried using the Action Macro Manager years ago, but was disappointed they were could not be edited at the time. I've heard it has been improved a little since then, but there isn't many who have ever used it. Nothing you can do with it that couldn't be done easier another way for most of us. If you would like help doing a procedure another way you may have better luck.

I'm not sure what previous version were like but I've been mostly happy with the functionality of macros. I'm running AutoCAD 2010. I like the ability to record a few simple things, name it in the CUI with the typical "^C^C" and assign it a shortcut. I've not had much time to learn lisp, although I am able to manipulate a little.

The macros it affects seem to only be where I call blocks. If there is an alternate, (lisp or otherwise), where I can call a block and assign it a shortcut key, I would be open to doing it differently. In the meantime, I recorded an additional macro that quickly returns me to the previous view with the keys "PP". This seems to be the current work around, but I'm looking to find why the sudden change to the macro without any change to the recorded steps. Maybe its tied to a setting changed?

In the meantime, the only new development is it does not seem to change views to 0,0. In another dwg, its going to another random point...

Thanks for the reply. Any alternates are welcome :)

Not sure what you're asking for, by "change views to 0,0" do you mean setting 0,0 as zoom center? Zoom Previous is located in menus, toolbars and ribbon panels installed with AutoCAD. You need to explain exactly what you want these macros to do.

Not sure what you're asking for, by "change views to 0,0" do you mean setting 0,0 as zoom center? Zoom Previous is located in menus, toolbars and ribbon panels installed with AutoCAD. You need to explain exactly what you want these macros to do.

Sorry about that, I rambled a little... The macro that is currently acting up simply calls a dynamic block from our server. I would just need a way to call a block and locate it in the dwg, preferably using a shortcut, "CTRL+1" for example.

No view changes are involved. The view changed mentioned above are what's wrong with my current macros.

"CTRL+1" has been the shortcut for properties palette for as long as I remember. Check Shortcut Keys in the CUI before assigning shortcuts first to avoid conflicts. I'd recommend using "CTRL+SHIFT+1" as no numbers are used with the "CTRL+SHIFT+" combination by default. Script files that have been around forever have advantages over Action Macro's in that they're simple text files you can post here for help in debugging and they can include lisp code.