Problem with Extrusion + Combination

OnTheRoxx

Dear all,

I got an issue with designing the part you find as an attachment. In the pictures attached, you can see the cast part on which I have troubles implementing the thread part that is slant on the upper side. I tried resolving it with extrusion and with subtraction but it always removes too much or too little and I never get the structure you see on the pictures. At the same time, I am struggling to get the right form for the top part that connects it to the main shaft. Do you have any ideas or suggestions to resolve this? I attached 2 versions of my Inventor files to experiment. I would be thankful for any kind of help.

Bauteil B.ipt

Best

Y

2015-06-01 16.04.23.jpg2015-06-01 16.04.23.jpg

Bauteil B 2.ipt

2015-06-01 16.04.11.jpg

2015-06-01 15.11.55.jpg

2015-06-01 14.24.24.jpg

2015-06-01 16.04.00.jpg

You can make this part without all those extrusions features and sketches you have in your model. Most of this part can be revolved.

Sketch a cross section of the part, one side of just the cylindrical body, the other half you will need a cross section of the ribbed wall and the angled boss with threaded hole .

Revolve the cylindrical body half about your X axis.

Extrude symetrically the ribbed wall of the boss.

Sketch the 16mm diameter of the boss on the angled face of the ribbed wall. Trim the boss diameter to projected lines representing the top plane of ribbed wall.

Extrude the boss diameter into the part using "To Next"

(Sketch and extrude the other web located around other side of part)

Fillet all inside corners

Round outside edges

Sketch a single counterbore hole location for the bolt pattern. Cut a C'bore (or Spotface) with the hole command. Circular pattern the C'bore feature

Sketch the location for the threaded holes. Cut the threaded holes with the hole command.

Done.

Edited by ecshclark