annotation scale

this dwg im working with keeps giving me a message about resetting the scales list due to a large number of annotation scales... should i do it or ignore it?

Depending on what version of AutoCAD you are using, it's going to keep coming back.

Start your "cleansing" at the lowest level xref and work your way up to the parent drawing.

Don't let the "Hide Xref Scales" setting on later versions fool you into thinking they are not present, like this article unfortunately claims is a good thing.

I've seen some drawings with thousands of these and it will slow you down.

well this drawing has like 60 x-refs... i didnt create it but now i am responsible for it and everytime i open it it asks me about this... i always just hit the X on the dialog box (i don't like to make a choice if i don't have too) but the drawing runs kinda slow and if there are some things i can safely do to help it i would.... thanks for suggestions and feedback. :)

well this drawing has like 60 x-refs... i didnt create it but now i am responsible for it and everytime i open it it asks me about this... i always just hit the X on the dialog box (i don't like to make a choice if i don't have too) but the drawing runs kinda slow and if there are some things i can safely do to help it i would.... thanks for suggestions and feedback. :)
It is not only safe, it is necessary to keep the drawing from becoming unusable, eventually.

Depending on what version of AutoCAD you are using, it's going to keep coming back.

Start your "cleansing" at the lowest level xref and work your way up to the parent drawing.

^^ This +1!