Help with part needed

deRabes

Hi

This is most likely a cinch for most of you guys but it has me beaten. I can only afford to visit Inventor periodically so I am a constant beginner. I attach 2 parts. The Block sample part is a side elevation and the Part 2 is the front elevation. I just cannot work out how to combine both into a 3d drawing. I've searched under 3d sketching quite a bit to no avail. Ive made reasonably complicated parts before in Inventor but always just using lofts and sweeps. I'd appreciate some advice on how I should approach this part e.g. should I use 3d sketching or an assembly?? Thanks in advance

Block Sample.ipt

Part2.ipt

I think you need to create a new sketch on the yz plane on the block sample, press F7 to slice graphics and then use project geometry of the lines you need.

Then you can draw your sketch and then extrude etc.

Gazza

I've created the drawing of part 2 on the YZ axis of sample part. However projecting geometry of part 2 is doing nothing. Its highlighting faces on block sample which I assume is not what I want