Length Path - Help.

CafeJr

Hello to all!...

I'm again needing a help, are there a LISP that's possible get a length path from a polyline disposed over other lines? As a exemple attached has a drawing showing what exactly is this thread.

The colored lines are the possible paths, each one has two texts (Name and Length) of possible path, over there has 3 lines showing the examples, using a "polyline" (I guess), I'll dispose over the path that I'm asking for the length, eg:

Path 1, get 2 names and 2 lengths:

PATH1 = 1010.1818 + 540.1862 => Total length =1550.368

Path 2, get 3 names and 3 lengths:

PATH2 = 1010.1818 + 552.4334 + 379.7464 => Total length = 1942.3616

Path 3, get 5 names and 5 lengths:

PATH3 = 1010.1818 + 552.4334 + 355.2488 + 548.7819 + 1333.2688 => Total length = 3769.9147

Is possible to create a table for each path with the names and length? Or one other way to get this informations using a polyline (I guess the best way) or selecting the path names?

Is possible to link that 2 text as a feature of a polyline for each part and then get these informations?

Thanks in advance!!!...

Path length.dwg

Path length.jpg

Hi ,

I think the only way is to select each path with it related lines to get the final lengths .

Tharwat, It's good hear from you!...

Thanks to the fast response!!!...

Today I usually do it in this way!... But I'm trying to do it easier than usual!... I'm thinking in work with attribute (the name and length) and create a table with them, after select it as the path that a need to get it!...

I'm thinking in work with attribute (the name and length) and create a table with them, after select it as the path that a need to get it!...

I guess that would be the same as selecting the require lines to get their lengths unless you have another go with the process .

If you wanted displayed "The length of path1+Path2+Path6 is 123454.67" you could pick the text and use a small window to find the line then add up the lengths.

Just thinking aloud though a lot more complicated you could do a pick 1st then it hilites next line press Enter for accept or any key to look for next link and keep going.