Cutout Tree Texture in Autocad 3D

nicolas

Hi,

I have got a tree jpeg with its cutout that I have successfully attached to a surface and rendered. I copied the same a second time and same success. However when trying to add a second tree from a second tree jpeg and its cutout, total failure. The image appears only on the material browser palette and nowhere else. I don't see the image on the surface and it does not render. The properties of the surface shows the name of the material and shadow receive and cast. Try to apply the first tree jpeg, again no success.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

attachment.php?attachmentid=54446&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=54447&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=54448&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=54449&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=54450&cid=1&stc=1

Cutout01.jpg

Cutout02.jpg

Cutout03.jpg

Cutout04.jpg

Cutout05.jpg

Ok, I deleted the surface that wasn't working and created a new one. I also swapped the width and height values for the tree2 texture. You had width set at 6000 and height set at 2500. I changed the width to 2500 and the height to 6000. It seems to be working now. The zip file contains the CAD file only. You already have the textures so I'm not including those.

spa 3D test-New Tree.zip

Hi.

Thanks for helping. I have been able to work it out by deleting the surface altogether and doing it anew through after at least 3-4 times. I don't know the reason for this. It does not work a few times but out of nowhere it works perfect. The moment the material is displayed, its ok. I can rotate, offset, scale. Everything works. However when the attached material is not seen, everything goes wrong and the only solution is to restart with a new surface. Again many help.

One more question: Do you have any advice on creating cutout? Can paint or paint.NET be used?

One more question: Do you have any advice on creating cutout? Can paint or paint.NET be used?

I've never used paint or paint.net, but any digital editing program that has marquee tools for selecting and deleting parts of an image can be used. If you're looking for a good free image editing program, you might want to check out Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/

As for your issues with Autocad, that's why I use other 3D programs for modeling and rendering. ;)