Tool Pallettes

SIMON FISH

I`m an electrical engineer and have started at a new practice, the issue I have is that there are no Tool Palettes for electrical symbols. I have the individual blocks but I would like to know how to create individual palettes for power, lighting fire alarm symbols etc. Can anybody help please.

Welcome to CADTutor Simon. :)

Steven-g posted this excellent and quite comprehensive link

http://www.widom-assoc.com/AU-GD35-4.pdf

on Jman's thread about tool palettes earlier today.

Lots of great information on that link, look it over, and if there is anything you don't understand, let us know and we'll help you.

Creating tool palletes is really very simple, especially if you already have the blocks you want to use.

If you hit TP and enter, that should display your tool palettes.

If you right click inside the left border, or on any of the palette name tabs you can access the shortcut menu, where you can select new palette.

I strongly suggest you read that link, as there is a wealth of highly relevant information there.

Perhaps first you would want to confirm that ALL PALETTES are displaying, and not hidden behind all the others.

ReMark has good suggestions in the following thread, or you can copy and paste too. Lots of ways to do it, and they are all quite simple.

populating a new palette.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

You can literally drag and drop your blocks, individually, onto a new tool palette or, if all your blocks are contained within one drawing, use the Design Center's and its Create Tool Palette option.