problem with mouse

ivanveliki

I have a strange mouse problem. I bought a new laptop Toshiba Satellite C50.

I am using AutoCAD mostly for 2D drawings.

Every time I use command aliases I have to wait 1-2 sec so that I can select anything with the mouse (points, objects, etc.). The commands start without any delay (as I can see the prompts), the mouse movement is OK, there is no lag in cursor movement, but I cannot select anything within these 1-2 sec. Autocad does not respond to mouse clicking within these 1-2 seconds. The strange thing is that if I start a command using the buttons from the ribbons, there is no delay at all and everything is OK. I am used to command aliases and this problem significantly reduces my productivity and drives my crazy.

I have tried different versions of AutoCad, but the problem is the same in each version.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

Intel® Celeron® N2820 processor with Intel® Burst Technology 2.0 (2.4 GHz, 1 MB cache)

4 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz (low voltage)

Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail) up to 1,792 MB shared memory from 4 GB system memory installed (with a 64-bit Windows® operating system)

AutoCAD 2012 64bit

Did you try swapping out the mouse for another one? A simple, easy and quick test that would reveal if the problem is actually mouse related.

yes, I tried different mouses (wired, wireless), but no change at all. Also all drivers are up to date.

I don't experience problems with keyboard in other programs. When I enter an alias, i.e. "l" for line command, Autocad responds immediately and prompts for the first point, but does not respond to mouse clicking for about 1-2 seconds. After I wait 1-2 seconds and select the first point, I have to wait another 1-2 seconds to be able to select the second point (no key pressing needed). This happens also each time I press "enter" or "space" to continue command's procedures.

If both the keyboard and mouse work in all other Windows programs then the fault lies with AutoCAD. It can't be a bug otherwise we would see thousands of people complaining about the problem so that would seem to mean the problem is related to your system. Maybe a REPAIR of the installation is in order.