Why delete command require 2 enters for the items to be deleted?

I am not sure what happend. It use to be when select an items or items to be deleted, after pressing ENTER immediatly item is deleted.

Now after the 1st ENTER, nothing happend, then when pressing the 2nd ENTER, then items is deleted.

How to get back to 1x ENTER?

Edited by vernonlee

Do you use Time Sensitive right click customization possibly?

I do, just thought something might have changed there, if you do.

time sensitive right click possibly.JPG

Do you use Time Sensitive right click customization possibly?

I do, just thought something might have changed there, if you do.

No. Is is currently unchecked.

For reference this is the command feedback:-

Command: e ERASE (1.ENTER THE ERASE COMMAND, 2. SELECT ITEM 3. PRESS ENTER(1st time))

Select objects: 1 found (1. PRESS ENTER(2nd time))

Select objects: (ITEM DELETED & COMMAND ENDED)

It seems that when the 1st ENTER is press, the no. of items selected appear. Only when 2nd ENTER is pressed, then items is deleted.

Not sure the last time when item is deleted by pressing ENTER 1 time, if the no. of items is reflected

EDIT

Happend to other commands as well.

example ISOLATE layer

Command: _layiso

Current setting: Hide layers, Viewports=Off (1ST ENTER)

Select objects on the layer(s) to be isolated or [settings]: 1 found (2ND ENTER)

Select objects on the layer(s) to be isolated or [settings]: (AFTER 2ND ENTER THEN LAYER IS ISOLATED)

Layer 0 has been isolated.

This sounds like a Noun/Verb issue.

There are two ways of using AutoCAD modify commands.

1. Noun/Verb - Select the object first, then select a command like erase. Only 1 enter is required.

2. Verb/Noun - Select the command first, then select the object(s) to be modified. It required at least two enters. One to run the command, and one to tell AutoCAD you are done selecting objects.

Check the system variable PICKFIRST and verify that it is set to 1. This option is also listed in the Selection Tab in Options, it is called Noun/Verb.

This sounds like a Noun/Verb issue.

There are two ways of using AutoCAD modify commands.

1. Noun/Verb - Select the object first, then select a command like erase. Only 1 enter is required.

2. Verb/Noun - Select the command first, then select the object(s) to be modified. It required at least two enters. One to run the command, and one to tell AutoCAD you are done selecting objects.

Check the system variable PICKFIRST and verify that it is set to 1. This option is also listed in the Selection Tab in Options, it is called Noun/Verb.

hI PROFCAD,

Prior to posting i did see if it was the PICKFIRST issue even thorugh i doubt it since it do not refer to need 2 ENTER to complete a command.

My PICKFIRST has always been '1'.

However I also try '0' but still same issue.

However today out of the blue, i only require 1 ENTER to complete the command. And for testing sake, i change it to '0' & it also require only 1 ENTER.

Hence, it should involve something else which i cannot narrow it down to.

Although if someone do know the reason behind this please let me know cause every now & then it will happen.

can you try this.

Command: QAFLAGS.

set 0

thanks.

Never came across before

It is already 0.

Btw, the problem of requiring to ENTER twice came back again

What are the command prompts saying at each step? You might try to think of anything you have done recently that might have introduced the "bug"--new LISP routines, service packs, etc. For example, some LISP routines do not properly reset variables when they are canceled. Does the problem go away when you restart AutoCAD? reboot your computer?

What are the command prompts saying at each step? You might try to think of anything you have done recently that might have introduced the "bug"--new LISP routines, service packs, etc. For example, some LISP routines do not properly reset variables when they are canceled. Does the problem go away when you restart AutoCAD? reboot your computer?

You maybe right. Could be a LISP not closing properly. I just booted my PC & open up AutoCad & it is OK for now.

Will monitor it. Thanks for the reminder.

But quite difficult once you are deep in work. I will often go into 'the zone' if you know what i mean. :pumping: :P