how to measure length of a non linear line?

fahadkhan

I have a drawing in which i need to measure the lengths of hundreds of wires may be.lines are not just straight lines but non linear ones.i tried tlen.lsp but for every line i need to upload file first.Is there any other way just to touch two end by using command to measure its length???

i am new user...help me sort out this ..:(

• 2 weeks later...

There are many ways to measure the length of a line in AutoCAD. Here are several...

1. Dist Command

2. MeasureGeom command

3. Properties

4. List Command

5. With Dynamic Input active, select a line, hover over the endpoint grip and a temporary dimension will display.

Hi

Intrigued, what do you mean by a non-linear line? If the wires are a series on lines and arcs why not consolidate them into a polyline (polyjoin.lsp or similar). Then the properties of the polyline will yield the combined length.

Hi dear guys,

Thanks for helping.

Actually in my drawing there are wires with bends ,arcs and linear lines.I was estimating the lengths of wires in a building.I am using Aligned measurement command to measure lengths and add tolerance in it.And if i use other commands like LIST i find lengths but measurement can not be shown along with original wires in drawing.I need also to show measurements for every line along with it.So i just want to know if there is any command that if i select two ends it show aligned measurement?or may be total actual length?