section problem

alec

Hi, I'm very new to sketchup so don't know what I have done that is causing the problem, so struggling to find how to cure it! I have drawn a building (sketchup 14) and its almost finished (far from perfect but good enough for its purpose). However, when I scroll in I have a section plane or something similar that cuts through the view when I get close. From far out its fine, but when I get in close, I see the insides of the building. As far as I'm aware I haven't placed a section plane on the drawing so don't know how to find the problem and remove it.

Any ideas out there?

Cheers.

Hi, Thanks for that. I worked my way through the list and none of them worked. However, I have found that if I zoom extents, my view point is somewhere in the next galaxy! I have to scroll in for ages to get to my model. My model itself is on 3 metres from the origin by the way. Any other thoughts?

Cheers.

Sorry, but I don't have any other ideas. I don't use Sketchup very much, but I know from my experience with other 3D programs that if parts of your model start disappearing as you pan and orbit around them it's usually the camera clipping plane and the FOV. That's why I thought that article would solve your problem. Hopefully someone else will be along with some advice.

• 2 months later...

That is how SU works as you scroll in you pass through the surface. In your case you enter the building. Camera setting could fix this if you want to set up a shot for rendering.