dim line

SIDRIX

A small thing. I have a regular dimension line with a text above it, when I manually move it towards the dim line in one point it breaks and lets the text between, how can I avoid it, keetp the text close or even on the line not braking it. Is it a quick way to do it through the property box for a single unit not changing dim styles?

With the dimension selected, use one of the HOVER grip shortcut menus of the dimension.

You should only experience this problem when you choose to MOVE TEXT ONLY.

All three grips on the dimline have HOVER menus.

If you do it that way the text placement defined in the dimstyle will be honored.

If you select STRETCH from the middle grip HOVER menu, the horizontal placement will be fluid, but the vertical placement, text offset distance from the dimension line will be honored.

If you need to restore one of those, like in the screenshot which has dropped to CENTERED vertical position, choose RESET TEXT POSITION, or ABOVE DIM LINE, from that middle grip HOVER shortcut menu.

dimension hover grip text menu.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks Miller, that's very kind of you. :beer:

I realized there was a further question which I had not addressed.

In this screenshot you will see my QUICK PROPERTIES palette, which displays a wealth of customized information regarding selected dimensions.

The information is also available in PROPERTIES, but I prefer Quick Properties, as it is customizable.

The text vertical position can be affected by direct entry into either of the red circled property fields. You will need to hit ENTER after changing a value, or it will not be implemented.

quick properties dimension text tweaking.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Thank you, that was what I was looking for - text offset!!!!, and sorry for the bad communication, I was wondering why did not my message appear.

Thanks again.

BOOM!!! It worked! I had a feeling that if we put a few post on here SIDRIX would most likely get the notifications! My master plan worked, with the help of Dadgad :notworthy: Really glad he could help you out SIDRIX best of luck in all your en-devours