X-reference Reloading

muck

X-reference reloading.

I have recently started using X-references.

I noticed that every time I close & open a drawing the x-reference reload every time.

The machine seems to reload the same x-reference over and over for a each new drawing.

Is there a way to keep x-references your editor when you close drawing

in order to prevent x-reference reloading?

Thank you,

If you Unload the Xref before you close, then it shouldn't load the xref when you open it. But it sounds weird that it loads the same Xref over and over. Are all your file on a local drive or on the network?

Welcome to the world of XREFs.

Methinks you'd do well to explore both the OPTIONS dialog, Open and Save tab, External References (Xrefs) demand-load settings, as well as the OPEN dialogs, dropdown button (just right of the OK Button)... Let's not forget the ever important VISRETAIN sysvar. :thumbsup:

Cheers

The X-refs are on different locations on an office server.

The are complex 3-D X ref's so it takes time loading them.

It seems like the X-ref's load over and over

when I go form one drawing to another.

Thank you,

The X-refs are on different locations on an office server.

The are complex 3-D X ref's so it takes time loading them.

It seems like the X-ref's load over and over

when I go form one drawing to another.

XREFs do not just reload themselves... Not without being 'told' to by intentional user action, or by event-drive code performing such a task when the DocumentBecameCurrent Event is raised (as example; also a horrible idea, BTW).

What you're likely 'seeing' (and I'm prepared to be entirely mistaken on this...) isn't the XREF reloading, but rather the Editor 'refreshing' the screen, in which case you might look into OPTIONS Command, System tab, Layout Regen Options, 'Cache model tab and last layout', if not also your GRAPHICSCONFIG settings.

Cheers