How recover drawing file?

Guest ewaldstrub

Guest ewaldstrub

Recover a drawing file when the Recover command fails

can anybody tell me how to recover a drawing file if Recover command couldn't make it?

When i use the recover command i get an Autocad message : "Unable to recover drawing file"

Sounds like the drawing was corrupted beyond salvaging.

Are there no .bak files?

Are there no autosave files?

Have you tried inserting the corrupted drawing into a new, blank, drawing?

What methods are used to backup files presently?

Due to the number of recent spam threads we have had in regards to drawing file recovery, I had my doubts about the legitimacy of this question. So I did a little search and found this exact same question was posted, (word for word), on the AUGI forum back in 2007. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?62063-Recover-a-drawing-file-when-the-Recover-command-fails

So Mr. ewaldstrub is now banned. ;)

Due to the number of recent spam threads we have had in regards to drawing file recovery, I had my doubts about the legitimacy of this question. So I did a little search and found this exact same question was posted, (word for word), on the AUGI forum back in 2007. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?62063-Recover-a-drawing-file-when-the-Recover-command-fails

So Mr. ewaldstrub is now banned. ;)

Nice detective work there Cad! :beer:

What is the motivation for such misbehavior?

Was the intention posting some click bait or infected file?

What is the motivation for such misbehavior?

Was the intention posting some click bait or infected file?

This type of post has been popping up a lot recently. They post a question asking how to recover a corrupt drawing file so they can come back later and tell us they solved the problem by purchasing some recovery software, and then they post a link to the website. The question is bogus. It's nothing more than a way to advertise their software. But now, every time I see one of these threads about dwg recovery I get suspicious.

As Cad64 says this particular Russian 'file recovery' company has been a rash all over forums for the last six months plus.

Banned them 8-10 times this year alone, they just come back with different names / emails / IPs.

(They have been doing it for years but have got worse recently).

It's not just cad file recovery, they also do it for Word, Excel, and most other common filetypes.

It is obviously a person making these posts not a bot, because the way each filetype is targeted to a particular forum.

They have also developed a new strategy to watch out for.

Instead of the bogus reply linking directly to their own website, it links to another forum where the same question/answer false post has been made.

This second false post then leads to their website.

Oh and BTW the false answer they give in the posts is always wrong in some detail and would not recover the files. They must think this would then drive you to their software link.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the spammers continue to gravitate to this thread. Just banned and removed 2 more of them, so this thread is now closed. :)