Attribute Export via Express Tools - How to arrange exported data in inumerical ord

SimonC

Hi There, I am using the Export Attribute Information from the Express toolbar to export a list of cable numbers. It is my intention to change these cable numbers via a list in Ecel and then re-import them back into AutoCAD......

The concept works great...... however the only issue i have is that the exported data from AutoCAD to the .txt file jumbles up the cable numbers and it takes some time to rearrange them numerically.

Is there a way of exporting them to the .txt file in a numerical sequence?

I tried to read and understand the following but it made no sense to me as a mere mortal, could someone please take a look and see if this holds the answer...

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-6be7.htm,topicNumber=d0e81781

I have also attached the .txt file as an example of the jumbled output from AutoCAD to .txt

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated....

4914-0253-15C_S01_AutoShipyardNumbering.txt

........You can use these files in other applications, such as spreadsheets, and you can sort and manipulate the data as needed...............

This is a quote from the link that you attached. I would assume that you only reorder the data as required in Excel and that it is not possible to pre-define the order in the text file created.

You could also just select the blocks (assumeing there were not too many) in the correct order that you Need. then they will be displayed in the same order as selected in the txt file.

Edited by feargt