AutoCAD 2016 LT

milli_can

Work has recently updated our CAD program from AutoCAD 2012 to AutoCAD LT 2016

And i was wondering if there is a way to get lisp files to run on 2016

Lisp commands like Breakline and Textmask

If not is there similar commands to get these two running again?

Cheers

Michael

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Upgrade (?) from Vanilla 2012 to 2016 LT. :ouch:

There is no lisp, no 3D, and most of the express tools use lisp too, but there are some ways to try to workaround it.

Steven-g is an active forum member, chronic LT offender, mind bender, who has a tendency to make LT do things, for which it was not intended, I am sure he will have some valuable input for you.

It really helps to think outside the box. :)

Edited by Dadgad

Somebody is abusing my good name :lol:, indeed LT cannot run LISP or many of the other programming languages, but in a lot of cases macro's and scripts can be made to do a lot of tasks (not all), add in a bit of diesel and it gets interesting, and if you have excel available then even better. The problem with LT is you have to forget the push button mentality. Sometimes even fairly straightforward tasks need a couple of extra steps, but you can usually find a way to semi automate most things (again not all). If you can give an explanation of what those Lisp's do and maybe some before and after results as images then somebody might be able to help. The 3D bit is debateable :twisted:

Steven, as I suspect you understand, I hold your very considerable skills in high esteem.

You are like Merlin to LT.

Off the top of my head I can't recall ever seeing another LT user entering a 3D modeling challenge, USING LT? :beer:

Dadgad, I'm still very proud of my gold star for that one.

Bigal the thickness property is available, but not pface.

The walls are Thickness but sloping surfaces like the roofs are pface. It could be done as 3d line but obviously a hide will not show a 3D view. A pity there is no LT PRO that has lisp. LT LTPRO CIV3D etc