Masking in paper space

jamerculture

Is there a way to mask part of a drawing from a viewport in paper space? I am trying to plot a portion of a drawing which is not rectangular. So when I make a rectangular viewport, I get parts of the drawing that are adjacent to the area I am trying to plot. I am sure there is a way around this but I do not know it.

Thanks

Draw a polyline in the closed shape you would need to show only what you want. Use CLIP command, pick the viewport, pick the closed polyline.

Thanks for the help.

Another quick question, is there a way to easily scale this view to the biggest size that will fit on the page?

if you have the viewport toolbar open on the right it will show scale but a little trick is you can type a scale factor in there I use metric so if I type 4 I will get 1:250 as a true scale, the other thing is if you zoom E look at the number this gives an idea of what sale you can use.