Changing Scale for a new construct ACA 2015

built4thekill

Hi Friends

this here really frustrating me. Been working on a project with little to no hitches. However it's come time for me to design a shed/store for the building I designed. Now this is an extremely small construction (20 sq m) as compared to the rest of the plan. I used a scale of 1:100 for the main building, which sits nicely on an A2 sheet. But the shed is looking very tiny on an A2 and since I don't want to change sheets for uniformity, I'm trying to change the scale form 1:100 to 1:50 or 1:25 but just can't seem to be able to do it. I go to drawing setup try to change to scale but the program completely ignores the instruction and remains at 1:100. Any idea why this is happening and what i should do?? Thanks a lot as usual

Are you typing in the scale as 1:100 ? I have to type it in as 1/100 for it to work.

edit: probably not then.

Are you in Layout/Paper space when doing the QSelect? Is the Viewport on a layer that is Off/Frozen?

HI. No layers locked nor frozen. I know to select the viewport in autocad I just need to go to the layer1 tab and select the blue box. But in ACA 2015 I have a "Work" tab instead with a 3D view and a 2d View and I can't select the viewport box

Work-tab? Could we get a screen shot of your entire Autocad Arch interface? I don't use Arch myself. Looking at some screenshots, the WOrk-tab seems to be the Layouttab, it's just calle 'Work' in the ACA template.

Do you see the viewport ? But you can't select it? Is it a thick black line? If it is, double click outside the viewport to de-activate it and try to select it again.

HI All,

I was finally able to select the Viewport, simply had to click and drag over it, any other way was impossible. But back to the point of this thread, in the properties Tab it states that the display is not locked but in the project tad its status is locked. I still can't change the scale. :( See below the screen shot. IN the blue rectangle it says not locked and in the red it says locked.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2itn3ut.jpg

Your title block is in model space. No viewport for scaling. I would suggest utilizing paper space or this is going to be more difficult than it needs to be. An alternative, but still not recommended, would be to set-up a new file and scale down the title block for the new scale.

The construct you are referring to is in the sheet set manager and has nothing to do with the scale. It was locked because you had the file open.

While you have the Viewport selected (I don't know what other way than to click and drag over it that you can select it? I mean, you can click on the viewport border but that is pretty much the same thing) in your Properties palette, you have a Custom Scale-line (right where your blue line is in the screen shot. There, you can type in your scale - if you want 1:100, then type in 1/100. This works if you have drawn in scale 1:1 and in millimeters in your model space.

Like Rob said, you might want to look into putting the title block in Paper Space, it will be easier in the long run probably.

Better yet, instead of an image attach a copy of the actual .dwg file to your next post. Somewhere here will take a look at it and perhaps demonstrate a solution using it.

Hi All, thanks a lot for the replies. Actually the title block you saw in model space was a work around I figured out (the "not recommended" method RobDraw mentioned above). Thanks Tiger your solution looks to work fine. Appreciate all your help.

I'm not sure if you got the solution, I used to Click the Viewport Line in Paperspace /right click/Display lock /NO.