licensing after re installation

wissam

Hi

I uninstalled Inventor 2014 from the quick tool. when i installed again it didn't ask me for activation. Did i miss a step in the uninstallation process? will this affect the software to crash suddenly ?

thanks

Is Inventor 2014 currently running?

There is a right way and a wrong way to uninstall an AutoDesk product. Did you follow the guidelines for doing so as posted at the AutoDesk website?

currently it is working.

the first time i installed i think i did it the wrong way. so when i used it at one time it crashed suddenly. however, the second time i uninstalled the correct way and it seems fine so far.i was just checking if there is anything further to check before diving into big projects and experience software problems.

thank you for your reply

I don't see why you should experience any problems unless you are being reminded when opening Inventor that you have "X" days remaining in your trial period. Since you did not mention seeing a message of this sort then I think you should be fine. The only way to know for sure is to delve right into it. Only time will tell. Good luck.

It won't cause the software to crash don't worry about that. Never had the need to re-install. As long as you have the activation key you are fine.