Any AutoCAD OEM users out there?

ArtimusMill

Hey guys,

I'm very new here, but you have been a great resource to me already. I'm curious if there are any OEM users out there. I'm using a CADCAM software built on AutoCAD, but since it is an OEM it is lacking in certain areas - namely blocks and block management.

And thanks already for the help you've given me.

AutoCAD OEM is lacking in whatever the developer decides they don't want to include.

Last I knew about the OEM versions, they were not able to run any 3rd party add-ons including autolisp.

Did you have a particular question?

AutoCAD OEM is lacking in whatever the developer decides they don't want to include.

AutoCAD a la carte. Thanks for the response, rkmcswain.

I don't have any particular questions, at least AutoCAD questions. The community's archived forums have been great in answering any questions I have had up until now. I can admit already that I love you guys.

Really I'm just attempting to find someone out there in a similar OEM situation as me. Maybe share some tips and tricks and such. But any helpful tips would probably be coming from someone using the same OEM software I am not just any old run of the mill OEM. That has proven difficult, since I have not found anyone online yet using the software that I am: WoodCADCAM http://www.homag-group.com/en-en/products/productdatabase/software/Pages/industry.aspx

My OEM has no LISP capabilities and other simple AutoCAD functionality is missing as well or has been replaced with some jankey workaround the developer has created.

Is it available for the Autocad clones you should then be able to get access to lisp etc. A lot of Oem are going down the clone path as it enables them to sell their product at a much cheaper price to the end user and they make the same amount of money.

• 5 months later...

Hey Chrisnyc666, I'm not really looking for any specific information as of late. I have solved most of my large issues that I had been having when I first posted this inquiry. I was really reaching out to find any users of the software with the hopes of sharing tips and tricks. It is such an industry specific software that it is hard to find any community users.

I have nearly got our software FULLY implemented at my work. I'm just having a few complex data transfer issues that ****** up our labeling when it comes time to production.

I'm curious, what do you think of the software??