Need help converting to a solid

prime333

Hello there I need help with this object. First I used the LINE command to create straight line segments. Than I used the EXTRUDE commend to add height to the object. Than I used THICKEN to give the object depth and I came up with the final result. Problem is I got gaps in the corners what other command beside THICKEN could I have used?

Thank you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

One option: start over and draw the wall profile using a closed polyline then use the Extrude command to give it height. The method you used makes the task much more difficult than it needs to be.

I suggest you start over using the POLYSOLID command.

Follow the commandline prompts, as you will need to define the height and the thickness (width) of the polysolid which you wish to create, as well as the JUSTIFICATION, then just draw your line, and you are done. Don't stop the command after each segment, just keep going from vertex to vertex.

polysolid wall.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Thickness is a very old option for lines,plines etc to give them a Z value or a impression of a height and will make a a defacto face of a line. Look at this. It also supports the HIDE option.

3dhouse.jpg