Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• ReMark

• bernardino

• gazza_au

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slowly.

Hopefully you have more images, and some dimensions, as there is a lot going on with the shapes of all the individual components.

Having few, if any (I don't see any), rectilinear parts, this will be quite challenging. All of the shapes will need to either be LOFTed, or possibly created using the SWEEP or EXTRUDE commands with the path option. Creating the paths will require a pretty good sketch, and without lots more graphic and dimensional information than is shown in this one image, it wil be a rather daunting task. :|

Edited by Dadgad

Isn't that affect achieved by using a translucent material?

I don't know if he's asking how to build the model or how to make the model transparent? I guess we need some clarification. :unsure:

3D Modeling, Lesson 1:

Find as many good quality reference images as you possibly can. You need to be able to see the object you're going to create from every conceivable angle.

Here, I'll get you started: https://www.google.com/search?q=louis+ghost+arm+chair&biw=1510&bih=832&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=K42IVaCoIor6sAWk0YJY&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

That chair is a poor $29.95 patio chair. Unfortunately, it sells for over $400.00 retail. An excellent example of design for design's sake, with no thought put to engineering or practical use. It will barely support 100 lbs, and then with considerable sagging. I wouldn't manufacture it if I were you, the market is already flooded with counterfeits for some reason.

Apparently you just ask a question about how to make something and then you are given the finished product. Easy peasy. :)

Well you guys were not helping much other than go get some dimensions...

Everyone learns from copying something, In my experience he will learn better reverse engineering a finished product and asking for assistance when in need.

I posted an example that's all.

Gazza

In my experience he will learn better reverse engineering a finished product

And in my experience: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.