Cross Sectional

indigo

Hi,

I'm a little confused with the 85 degrees on the drawing..is it the fillet angle.. and also the 0.5 x 45degrees is it the chamfer on the smaller cylinder ?

Thanks..

cross section.jpg

the 85-degrees angle should be the sligthly off-straight line - the farthest left line of the big cylinder if you get where I am pointing. (yes, I am pointing at my screen - not my fault you guys can't see where I am pointing...)

the 0.5x45degrees is the chamfer on the top on the small cylinder. 0.5 is the width and 45degrees is the angle of the chamfer if I remember my drafting classes correctly.

Weeell.... yeah. Sort of I guess.

The sides (or the top and bottom I would say, but sides as we see the cylinder in the picture) of the big cylinder are not straight up-and-down - they are two chamfers: one with 3x45degrees first and the the larger one that is on a 85degree angle from the centerline of the cylinder.