Serious problems with viewports and orientation

Sheepdisease

Can someone please tell me also how I get rid of the red circles (I think these may be related to hatch) and move an object along the z axis so that it lines up with the front of the unit like the others do without affecting the x or y axis?

gntu6vx.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheepdisease

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• SEANT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As what you are doing is Modeling, you would have much better luck learning this stuff if you switched to your 3D Basics Workspace.

The ribbon will then display options which will have more bearing on what you are trying to do.

In the lower right corner of your screen you will find the little GEAR icon, which is where you can choose what workspace you want to be in.

On the SELECTION Panel, try the 3dMove gizmo.

I can't see the red circles, but if they displayed after you started the Hatch command, they are probably highlighting areas which are not closed in the perimeter of what you hope to hatch. Read the commandline at all times, it will help you a lot.

I admit looking at the screenshot that it is in annotation and drafting mode, but I think that is because I changed to that for colouring purposes just before I took the screenshot, I like changing workspace using the dropdown in the top left menu but appreciate the tip.

Nothing is showing in the command line regarding the circles.

I will have another play tonight and see if I can make progress.

I don't see any purpose for the use of hatching in a 3D model. Why wouldn't you be assigning materials to your objects or the layers they reside on?

I didn't know you could colour without using hatch, I have been following tutorials and didn't come across any which said how to colour 3d objects any other way.

"Colour"? Well objects will obviously take on the colour of the layer they are assigned to for starters. In some cases users will, for whatever reason, override the color of an object despite the layer it is on. However, most materials come with a colour already assigned to them but the user can create custom materials, based on the ones AutoCAD provides, and assign unique colors to them.

BTW...materials will be displayed if you switch to a Realistic visual style or invoke the Render command.

Anyway, back to the question.

I cannot get the object to line up with the stud wall, can someone please tell me what I need to do?

oQIjcMW.png

Anyway, back to the question.

I cannot get the object to line up with the stud wall, can someone please tell me what I need to do?

Look into the 3DMove command. The Gizmo will need relocation, but once done, you will be able to drag the box along the X axis to align it to the stud.

Alternatively, 'Point Filters' offer another method to restrict movement to a specific axis.

This sounds promising. I thought I had it when I tried to change the gizmo but it doesn't look like it:

TL2g8s5.png

su5j0ME.png

I am trying to get the shelf bracket to line up flush with the front of the rail without moving it sideways.

Wow, thanks for the screencast, that is genius. My only problem is that I cannot maximise the recording so I cannot see what you are clicking on, is there a maximise button somewhere that I cannot see?

Menu items that you click on, what you are clicking on within the drawing and menu options selected. If I could do full screen then that screencast would be perfect. Can you please just tell me what the options and settings were that you selected?

I'm also stuck at the moment with a stubborn problem drawing lines.

tdoxVJd.png

QRwGhBn.png

When I get the green line that I want to make the line straight and line up with the line above it, then move the cursor down, it works until I get close to 90 degrees and then it flips out. What is causing this and how do I rectify it?

I suggest that you turn off the PERPSPECTIVE view which you are using, and use PARALLEL instead.

In the VIEWPORT CONTROLS in the upper left corner of your screen, click on TOP, and that dropdown menu will open, change it at the bottom of that list.

I have tested out your suggestion and it seems to have done the trick, so thanks.

Back to my other question @ SEANT: Menu items that you click on, what you are clicking on within the drawing and menu options selected. If I could do full screen then that screencast would be perfect. Can you please just tell me what the options and settings were that you selected?

Use the 3D Modeling workspace. There you will find the 3DMove command in the 'Home' tab, on the 'Modify' pallete. The 3DMove command will prompt you to select an object. Once selected, you may have to adjust the Gizmo location. If so, put the cursor over the current Gizmo location, and right click. That will bring up a menu, one option of which states 'Relocate Gismo'. drag that to the pertinent spot on the item to be moved. Now, when that item is dragged via the X axis indicator, a point can be selected on another object that will provide the necessary offset for the x axis only.

Think that has done the trick, thank you!

Some tasks in AutoCAD seem tobe infuriatingly difficult when you should be able to click on something and then use your mouse to change the size. My problem at the moment is I want to reduce the size of the face of a 3d object to line up with another.

wkQ5CE4.png

Can you please enlighten me as to how I move the highlighted shape so that the edge face lines up with the greyish/black shape?

I searched for grip edit on google and it came up with the stretch command, I am having bad problems using that as it moves objects instead of making them larger or smaller. I read that I should not have anything selected when choosing the stretch command, and that I should then choose the points to edit, but when I try to select them it selects the entire object instead.

What specifically should I try regarding grip edit? By the way, I have grips enabled and the problem I have is with a 3d object rather than a polyline, grip edit does not appear...

c79neyf.png