Full round fillet problem

dusko

I try to do full round fillet on sweep faces but I get distortion on the base of helix.

Also I am having problem on filleting edges with 0.02mm on those runners.

I should work in inches but i didn't change units so i work in mm.

SolidWorks 2012

full round.jpg

propeler_PACKANDGO.SLDPRT

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't open the file but most likely its a geometry problem. There are several options in a sweep such as Keep Normal Constant, or Twist with Path. Depending on your geometry and the helix you will need to evaluate your options. If you want a full round on it i suggest you draw it in the sketch before the sweep. Also you can change the file units at any time or enter in any unit in the dimension dialog. For instance if you file is in mm but you have something specific that needs to be 2.5inch. In the pop up or sketch dimension just type "2.5in" or use the units drop down. If you enter "2.5" it will take the units of the file such as mm. You can also directly enter simple formulas without creating equations or global variables. Example "2.5in + .55mm" and it will create that for you, in this case 64.05mm.