Help - I can`t make dimensions from this drawing

I have received important file from another 2d drafting program wich i dont know the name. The problem is that i work in autocad and i want to give dimensions to this object in autocad in millimeters.

I can't snap points to anything from this drawing.

Can you help me please.

I am only interested only for the holes

Thank you for your time !

cabels and holes_2-2.dwg

Object snap is working for me. The letters are a bit funky to snap to because they are splines but the holes are ellipses and can be snapped to.

The drawing was created in AutoCad. The issue is that all the objects were created using splines so there are not many snap points available, at least not in the usual places. I can't imagine why anyone would do this. I used pedit (Multiple) to convert all the splines to polylines, which will create usable snaps in expected places, but the problem then is that there are 10's of thousands of polyline vertices now in the drawing.

The drawing was created in AutoCad.

How did you determine that? I'm pretty sure we are looking at a bad conversion.

How did you determine that? I'm pretty sure we are looking at a bad conversion.
Cuz AutoCad said so. But it just occurred to me that the OP copied it so......

Yeah, I couldn't imagine trying to draw those letters with splines. It would take a lot of jumping through hoops to accomplish that.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine trying to draw those letters with splines. It would take a lot of jumping through hoops to accomplish that.
After thinking about it, it is definitely a conversion of some sort, and some goober threw the spline switch. I tried changing the spline type back and forth from nurbs-like to fit but it only got worse. At least once its polylines, the vertices can be deleted, but it will take a while.

The OP wants to snap to the holes. I wonder if he got that sorted yet.
I didn't have any issue snapping to the holes. Maybe OP just needs to turn on Quadrant, Perpendicilar, Tangent, and Center snap.

I forgoted to mention i need to copy all 4dx shapes into another file and insert in a glass in wich i will make holes so the 4dx must be in the middle of the glass.

SO here is my way to do this job :

Convert Spline to Polyline with S2P LISP

Then i got to many vertixes from this operation.

To reduce the number of vertixies i used another LISP routine called WEELD or WEED.lsp

But the question how to figure out in wich program was made this file.

And how to import it not corrupted.

Thank you all for your patience.

But the question how to figure out in wich program was made this file.

And how to import it not corrupted.

I wouldn't say it is corrupted. It's just a poor conversion. Someone here might recognize that sort of thing and be able to help but your best course of action would be to start with contacting the person giving you the file.