Rental Autodesk Software

Lazer

A message I received the other day with regards to my subs with the Autodesk Ultimate suite we currently have.

As of January 2016 Autodesk will no longer be selling perpetual license’s – they will only sell Desktop subscription rentals on a 3, 6 and 12 mth basis so

To try and get this up and running they will also be changing the rule with subs renewals – the prices are due to go up a lot next year and also you will only have

30 days from date of expiry (rather than the 365 days) to renew. Once this goes over the 30 days then to get a latest version you will have to buy a new rental

License.

So we are really trying to urge our customer who have invested a lot of money into their license’s over the years not to lose this and continue with their subs renewals.

They are also offering a 3 year deal so it locks the current discounted price in for the 3 years – let me know if you would like a quotation?

This is only available to customers whose subs expire before the 31st January 2016 – your subscriptions currently expire in January so please let me know if you are

Interested in quotations for the 3 years?

I would really appreciate a call back or email back -thank you so much.

Looks like rental only is going across the Autodesk board.

The 3 year locked deal for me is good deal for sure and I will be taking up. For those who do not own a perpetual license will not get such a good deal they will only ever be able to rent.

Term-based subscriptions just might be a game-changer for small companies; startups in particular.

Lately, even I find myself wondering, why I don't just pair up with an Engineer, a solid HVAC designer, etc. (I do Civil currently, but have always wanted to learn Revit!), and start our own company... This new term-based subscription would allow 'us' to only pay for what we need, based on the backlog of work we have lined up. :thumbsup:

Exactly why I think it's a great thing, BlackBox. BTW, how are things? Haven't heard from you in a while, but still see your posts regularly. :)

I agree with you BlackBox start up business is a win win. We are also taking this up with other software houses like Creo, we will rent for a few months and see if we can built it into our workflow. Also for freelance how better than to rent the software only when you need it along with renting photoshop as and when needed and you have the full house for freelance.

Downside is renting for many years is more expensive than a licence and just keeping up to date with subs.