OSNAP not working with pasted items

Hello,

I am working with a couple different drawings in AutoCAD 2007, and pasting items between them. For some reason, I am unable to use object snap on items that have been pasted into the main document from one specific file. I am able to use OSNAP on these items if they are pasted some where else, but not the specific file that I am working on.

I cannot restart the original file, because I have too much work done already. I have tried closing the file and reopening it, but that hasn't helped.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

We did go ahead and try the purge command on both drawings, and it hasn't worked. Any other ideas?

Thank you so much for your help.

Here is the file that we are trying to paste into another. Because we are designing a home, we are unable to post the destination file. We don't believe the destination file is the problem, because we are able to paste other things into it, and use OSNAP.

JDW Profile Catalog2.dwg

I am unable to use object snap on items that have been pasted into the main document from one specific file. I am able to use OSNAP on these items if they are pasted some where else, but not the specific file that I am working on.

Here is the file that we are trying to paste into another. We don't believe the destination file is the problem, because we are able to paste other things into it, and use OSNAP.

You statements are contradictory.

If, as you stated, it is only the destination file that it does not work in, we kind of need that file.

You are correct. That is my mistake.

However, we are unable to post the file, as previously stated.

We would love some more ideas as to the root of the problem, but if that is impossible without the file, we would like to thank you all for trying to help!

As you stated, snaps work when pasting into a fresh file.

I'm not so sure what is so confidential about the house you are drawing but if you can strip down that file leaving just enough to exhibit the behavior and post it, we might be able to help.

We went ahead and stripped down the file. It's attached here. After experimenting on our own between different computers, we have discovered that it may be a problem with the computer. Is there a computer setting that would inhibit the pasting of items and subsequent use of OSNAP in an AutoCAD destination? The computer has been restarted (the simplest fix), but it has not helped.

Thank you.

TEST FOR SNAPS.dwg

i won't bother testing the file then.

It sounds like you are saying that the problem exists only on that one computer.

To sum up the problem as I understand it:

Snap is disabled only when pasting objects from the first drawing you posted to the second one and only on those pasted objects. If pasted into another file, snaps work. Objects pasted from other files into the problem file can be snapped to.

I know of no such AutoCAD setting that would affect OSnaps to pasted objects in such a way.

Let's do a test.

Try inserting those objects as a block. If you are copy/pasting everything in that file, just insert it. If not, make a block from what want to copy/paste and insert that. Copy/Paste is a Windows thing and back in the day, I avoided doing that in AutoCAD. I can't remember if I was taught that way or I ran into problems when pasting into AutoCAD. This will tell us which direction to go in first, Windows vs. AutoCAD.