snaping a 3d cube with filleted edges

Mic

Hi everyone, imagine a 3d model cube with all edges filleted i would like to snap the imaginery corner of the cube (as if the edges were not filleted) into the corner of another much larger cube that has corners that are not filleted, so three faces are all in alignment.

Is there an easy way to do this ? I'm New to 3d Using autocad 2014

Cheers Mic.

If your filleted cube has Model History turned on, that may help you do this.

That is something I don't usually use though, so not sure, worth a try.

I would do it another way, but am time constrained to start explaining it.

The 3DALIGN command could also be used, but as the corners have been removed, it would also require a little extra thought.

You could create 2 cubes of the size you wish to fillet, in the exact same location, and only fillet one of them, then use the remaining corners of the other cube as your reference points for the displacement.

Cool will give it a try, I just thought that with such a large command structure some simple might exist.

Thanks again Mic.

Yeh i just drew a cube same size as my model cube, osnaped centre of face to centre of face which put my model symetricly inside the new cube then moved and snaped corner to the corner of the large cube. If any one has an quicker easier way let me know.

Mic.

Here is a little visual of one way.

I created a copy of the cube, at a known distance, 2000 mms in this case, and radiused the edges with the radius solids tool from the solid editing toolbar.

Then I copied the original cube over by 2000 mms, and you can see the vertex reference points (I only circled 3 of them, but obviously they are all there).

aligning radiused cubes.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

I'd create some temporary geometry (lines) and use them to center one cube inside the other; when finished delete same.

Edited by ReMark