Slow Reaction to Keyboard Commands

Martincan

Hello all,

Although not a beginner, I can be somewhat a novice when troubleshooting...

I have recently started using AutoCAD 2015 LT and have a problem with slow reactions to keyboard commands.

I.e. on previous AutoCAD versions, I'm used to typing 'L' + 'enter' to draw a line and instantly being able to start drawing, whereas now, I type that command, or any other for that matter, and there is a very obvious delay before being allowed to initiate the command - 1-2 seconds.

Although only a matter of seconds, this is, as you can imagine, very frustrating, and seems to add a lot of time to a drawing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Martin

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Try clicking on the wrench icon on the left end of your commandline, and look at those option settings, might be one of those.

Same computer you used previously? With what version of Autocad?

Hi Dadgad, thanks for your reply!

I've tried playing with the wrench options, though to no avail unfortunately :(

I'm using 2015 LT on a different computer than previous.

What are the specs on your computer?

If it isn't one of those, it wouldn't be a system variable, makes me think that the computer is struggling to run the software.

Are you running lots of other stuff on the computer at the same time, or working on a large file when this happens?

Issue solved!

Settings > Mouse and touchpad > touchpad, there is a drop down menu related to preventing the cursor from accidentally moving while you type. Default setting is 'Medium delay'. Change this to 'No delay (always on)' and the command reaction becomes instant!

There was me thinking it was an issue with AutoCAD itself!

Thanks for your assistance, Dadgad.

Excellent, nicely done, glad you figured it out, and thanks for posting what you learned, I will have to remember that one. :beer:

Not a problem!

At first I thought it was something to do with the Command Suggestion box. Such a small, yet frustrating problem. Especially when you're used to fast drafting.