TEXT, TAGS, Attributes to export from Autocad file to EXCEL from dos command.

RavindraMVK

Hi Every one

Can any one help out how can I export the properties of all the objects, texts, tags in a Autocad file to EXCEL file without opening the AutoCAD from the dos Prompt.

Hi lee

yes. But one of my clients requires the data in autocad file to be exported to excel from dos prompt without opening autocad

My first thought would be to send them a dxf as well as a dwg. Then they would be able to put together a program using any other programming language to extract information from that... Just a thought

Ask them what they want and when you send the dwg send them a excel as well like others use dataextraction you save a extract template so a couple of go's and you should have it right.

There are toolkits available to do stuff with Autocad dwg but its normally for the other way, writing a DWG file. You pay for these toolkits. To do what you want expect to pay for it.