Tool Palette - Dynamic Lightening Bolt

I have several dynamic blocks on my tool palette, some show up with a nice lightening bolt and some do not. What causes this?

Thanks.

Have you tried "Update Tool Image" on the right-click menu (while floating your cursor over the palette image)?

Have you tried "Update Tool Image" on the right-click menu (while floating your cursor over the palette image)?

Yup. Still nothing.

Either the the ones that don't show the bolt aren't dynamic, or you made them dynamic after they were entered onto the tool palette, try deleting it from the palette and replacing it.

Nope, that doesn't work either. The TP still treats them as dynamic blocks but the icon shows them as being static.

I can even drag in a the same block to one that already exists in the TP and the icon won't appear. Odd.

Is it possible to post a drawing with one of these blocks, at least someone else could see if they have the same odd behaviour, at least then you would know if it was something on your computer or not.

Is it possible to post a drawing with one of these blocks, at least someone else could see if they have the same odd behaviour, at least then you would know if it was something on your computer or not.

Sure!

Dynamic_Channel.dwg

I think I have found the problem, but we shall see. When I create blocks I save them into a master file, and that file contains a copy of the block in it's model space. There is another method which is writing the block definition directly from the block editor into it's own drawing file (which I have never used, and have often wondered how people create these drawings, I just figured it out - thanks for that), anyways I think that is the problem, if you bring that drawing file into the toolpalette then the dynamic action isn't actually saved in model space as a dynamic block but only as a definition, at least that is how I can get the same reaction that you are having. Hope that makes sense.