Printer / plotter search

JamFam

I've been asked by my boss to keep an eye open for a printer that can print 11 x 17.

I prefer laser simply to keep the printing costs down. I know this community has lots of expertise and can lend input into my search for a printer.

The printer will be located in my home office environment. Because I print 8.5 x 11 sheets multiple times daily, I would likely print the 11x17 once or twice a week. A Color laser printer is simply not needed. Monochrome is just fine.

In doing a basic google search for laser printers I see the price can range from down right ridiculous to as high as, well I just can't say that here.

Your help and insight would be much appreciated.

We have two HP 5200 laser printers, one in the classroom and one in the computer center. Great printers for printing on 11x17 paper.

Our old fashioned work horse is a HP A4/A3 monochrome dual bin and manual feed years old still going, at the cheaper end make sure you can do a manual 11x17 feed, a bit more money dual bins and so on. My home printer mono Brother A4 only cost $63 and does 16 pages per minute more than enough for the familly. The prices are just so cheap but if running a business pay a little bit more, have a think about colour nothing worse than I should have bought a colour one