Having trouble making dotted and dashed lines for electric lighting. Please help.

I attached the plan I am having trouble with. It is named first_plan.dwg.

I created some lines with the arc tool and joined them to represent the electrical wiring in the layer called electrical wiring. I changed the linetype to a dotted and dashed style but it won't display in the model space and layout 1. Nor will it display when I hit print preview. Can someone point out to me what I am doing wrong? I am new to AutoCAD and this is my first plan.

I am using AutoCAD 2015 for Mac.

first_plan.dwg

• 1 month later...

Moredew780

It seems you have active the option to use your “paper scale units” for scaling your lines. You can manage the visualization options of your lines on the “Linetype Manager”.

Just write LINETYPE and in the window that will pop-up select the button “show details” then deselect “Use paper space units for scaling” and pres Ok. Finally regen your drawing with the command RE.

Let us know if this helps you.