Calculating volume of 3D line line drawing

jbplaster

This is my first post, and this challenge has me baffled. I'm sure it's an easy task for an experienced 3D user, but that's not me. I need to calculate the volume of the 3 shapes in the attached file (red, orange & green). They are drawn in 3D, but are just lines, no 3D polylines, etc.

Could someone explain the easiest way to calculate these volumes? I'm assuming this will involve converting to 3D solids or surfaces, etc. I've tried this myself, but haven't had any luck. Please explain the process, not just the result, as I want to learn. This is just a favor for a non-architectural friend, but it's nagging me that I can't do it...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jesse

Verdante Attempt 1.dwg

Your shapes are not straight forward as the sides lean in & out but if you play with extrude, subtract and union you can make the shapes. Think of it as a block of cheese and cutting bits off "subtract" using another shape.

PS One question Educational version ?

I may have done the first part (create three solids).

attachment.php?attachmentid=54764&cid=1&stc=1

I started the process by using the RULESURF command and creating a series (six to eight) surfaces for each section then converted them to a solid using the SURFSCULPT command.

Thanks folks, you've solved the riddle, and I've learned how to do it next time. It took some online research to refine my understanding of the RULESURF and SURFSCULT commands, but I've got the hang of it. Part of the trouble is that some of the surfaces in the model are not flat, so I had to break them into a few additional triangles for rulesurf to work. Then I realized that I have to pick lines at the same end to get a flat surface.

Anyway, it worked out, so thanks for all the help.

PS - BIGAL, the Ed stamp file was as I received it from a friend. I use 2012 pro version. BTW, the problem was to calculate the volume of a pile of mulch. He works with converting biomass from sawmills into sustainable fuel sources.