clean screen mishap

So I hit the clean screen button instead of the manage xref button at the bottom of the screen. My ribbon disappeared and my panic level went to 9. So for 15 minutes I went through all the settings in AutoCAD looking for someway to get the ribbon back. Frustrated I got up went and got a drink of water came back and sat down, then it hit me I typed ribbon and it reappeared like magic. Wasn't any good for my blood pressure but I was able to back on track. Clean screen should not be a default command or a button that you can hit.

You somehow managed to hit a button that is practically buried in the lower right hand corner of your display and located near nothing of significance. Was your free hand in direct contact with an electrical wire?

You somehow managed to hit a button that is practically buried in the lower right hand corner of your display and located near nothing of significance. Was your free hand in direct contact with an electrical wire?

If you use XREFs the button for managing them is right next to the clean screen button. When I hit it I was in a rush to get the drawing done before lunch (which didn't happen). So if your like me and have to use reading glasses and have to rush sometimes hitting it is not so far fetched. But from now on I will be invoking the XREF command by typing it in.

The button is a toggle, click once to turn cleanscren on, click again to turn it off.

If you don't want to hit it by mistake can you not just remove it using the customisation menu?

Good point nukecad, yes you can click on the drop down menu icon next to it on the status bar, and deselect it, so it does not display. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...
The button is a toggle, click once to turn cleanscren on, click again to turn it off.

If you don't want to hit it by mistake can you not just remove it using the customisation menu?

To be sure I will be doing just that but I didn't even know that button was there. I thought I was saving some time by using the on screen buttons.

To be sure I will be doing just that but I didn't even know that button was there. I thought I was saving some time by using the on screen buttons.

No doubt you would have been, had they been hit a bit less randomly. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Never mind. This was mentioned.

Click the Customization button to the far right of the task bar and uncheck the task bar buttons you find dangerous, like Cleanscreen.;)